Name of the Institute: Tata Instittute of Social Science
Name of the Test: TISS-NET
Website of Test: www.tiss.edu
Address with Contact Number
Number of Seats
Fees (Tuition + Hostel)
Tata Institute of Social Sciences,
Apsinga Road, Post Box No. 09
Tal: Tuljapur Dist. Osmanabad-413 601
|campus.tiss.edu||BA - Social Science
Intergrated (BA- MA)
|Rs.83600 aprox (over all) + Rs. 30,000 (hostel per sem)*6 sem*
Rs. 1 lakh aprox + Rs. 30,000 (Hostel per sem) *6 sem*
|Hyderabad Campus||II Floor, S.R Sankaran Block, AMR-APARD Campus, Rajendranagar, Near NIRD, Hyderabad, Telangana 500030
040 2401 7701
|campus.tiss.edu||Inegrated (BA-MA)||60||Rs. 1 lakh aprox + Rs. 30,000 (Hostel per sem) *6 sem*|
|Guwahti Campus||14-A, Bhubhan Road, Uzan Bazar, Guwahti-781001
|campus.tiss.edu||Intergrated (BA-MA)||60||Rs. 1 lakh aprox + Rs. 30,000 (Hostel per sem) *6 sem*|
- Students should have passed 12th Class or Intermediate in any subject stream from a Recognized Board.
- Students who have studied International Baccalaureate Diploma and will be completing 12th class with clear results declared by June are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have appeared for their 12th class or Intermediate final exams and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply. Final pass result should be produced at the time of joining the programme, if selected.
- Candidate should be less than 23 years of age at the time of appearing for the Bachelors Admission Test. Applications from candidates over this age will not be entertained.
Date of Release of Forms
Last Date of Submission
Date of Release of Admit Card
Date of Exam
Date of Result
|1st week of December||Rs. 1025 + bank Charges[For genreal]||Mid of March||End of March||Third week of April||First Week of May|
*All the Dates are above are Tentative
Mode and Procedure of Application
Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria should apply for the programme only through an online process by visiting the admissions link on the TISS website by the Second week of March.
- Candidates will enter the online application process by giving their authentic email id. To this email link would be send to set a password and access the application.
- Candidates are expected to use the same email id and password for the entire process till the completion of the admission process.
- Candidates will have an option to fill the form and complete the processes entirely at one go or fill partially and save the form for completion before the due date.
- Candidates are encouraged to complete the process at the earliest and not delay the process of online submission till the final date.
- Candidates are expected to give their preference for one centre only in the online application. This preference cannot be changed through a phone call or email or in person.
- Application fees of Rs. 1025, for eligible candidates (SC/ ST income less than 2.5lakhs and OBC-NC candidates with income less than 1 lakh) the fees would be Rs. 275 can be paid online through Credit card/ Debit Card/ Online transaction.
- Candidates applying online will be asked to choose between two modes of payment 'Cash' or 'Payment Gateway' in the online application form. If the preferred mode of payment is 'Cash', a payment challan has to be downloaded from the 'Download Challan' tab. Deposit the cash amount mentioned on the 19 challan in any branch of State Bank of India. The bank will return two copies of the challan copy (Student Copy and TISS Copy) with the bank’s seal, signature and journal number on it. Candidates have to then scan the 'TISS Copy' of the challan, login back to the online application system and upload it.
- Please note that in case of payment by cash deposit in an SBI branch, the SBI will charge Rs. 50/- as their processing fee, which has to be paid separately, and is not a part of the application fees.
- Candidates who are eligible for application form at concessional fee of Rs. 250 have to upload their income and caste certificates. Their application will be accepted upon verification of the certificates and the admit card will be accessible to the candidate thereafter. (See point 8 for more details)
- Applications of candidates who pay by cash will be accepted only after the Institute verifies the challan. The admit card will be accessible to the candidate thereafter.
- Payments made via demand draft, pay order or any mode other than the above modes is not acceptable and the application will be rejected. No communication to this effect will be sent to such candidates.
- For candidates who pay through payment gateway successfully, the admit card with Registration Number of the candidate, date and time of the test, name of the centre and city will be accessible in the online application.
- For candidates who pay through cash the admit card will be accessible once their challan has been verified.
- For candidates who are eligible for Concessional application the admit card will be accessible once their certificates are checked and verified.
- Candidates are expected to print their admit card and bring it for the TISSBAT and keep it for verification till the completion of the admission, if selected.
- Candidates who reach the BAT centre with no admit card and proofs of identity will not be allowed to sit for the test.
- No admit cards will be mailed or posted by the institution.
- Those candidates who face technical difficulties while processing their payments or accessing their application or have not received their Admit card through mail may register their complaint by sending an email to the technical support team. The id is part of the online application.
- For all other queries, calls can be made to TISS CARE number (022 – 25525252) and emails can be sent to BAfirstname.lastname@example.org
Procedure of taking Admit Card
Photograph for Admit Card
Photograph with the following specifications needs to be uploaded.
- The photograph should be a recent color photograph taken against a plain background.
- The photograph should show only your face and shoulders.
- The photograph should not have any other object or person in part or full.
- The photograph should be a good resolution; clear photograph in png, jpeg format and its size should not exceed 2MB.
The Admit Card would be Generated as soon as the payment is Done.
- Candidates submitting E-application in multiple numbers will be disqualified.
- Application fee paid by the candidates will not be refunded if they are found to be not eligible for the programme.
- Incomplete application forms and forms with inconsistent information will be rejected.
- Applications received after the due date will not be considered and the application fees paid will also not be refunded.
- Application fee will not be refunded if the candidate does not appear for the written test or fails to join the programme if admitted.
All About Exam
The exam is tentatively held either in the month of May or April every year. In 2016, it was on the 14th ofMay. It is an online test.
The entrance test will be of 90 minutes duration and the total marks will be 100. Part A will be a 60 minute test with multiple choice questions on current affairs, social awareness and logical and analytical reasoning, carrying 60 marks.
Part –B will be a written test with a set of descriptive questions in English. Candidate is expected to write two short answers in 30 minutes carrying 40 marks. It is compulsory for the candidates to attempt both the parts and make sure that they qualify in both the modes.
Prohibitions during the Exam
List of gadgets that are prohibited inside the examination hall:
- Mobile Phones
- Digital Watch
- Any Bluetooth devices
Process Before and During the Exam
The students appearing for the test have to carry their admit card along with an ORIGINAL ID Proof. The admit card and the ID will be checked before entering the examination hall.
- Candidates NOT CARRYING ORIGINAL Identity Card shall NOT BE ALLOWED inside the test center.
- COLOURED PHOTOCOPIES/DIGITAL PRINTS etc. are NOT to be considered as ORIGINAL.
Past Year Papers
A demo version of the test and a model question will be available on www.campus.tiss.edu site one month prior to the entrance test, for the candidates to be familiar with the test.
visit http://22.214.171.124/perception5/perception.php?Name=tissdemo&Password=tissdemo for a mock test.
Format of Result
The score card would be sent to the email Adress provided to the university.