Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
Name of the Test: Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
Website of the Test: www.set-test.org
Fees (Tuition + Hostel)
|Symbiosis Center for Media and Communication (SMNC-Pune)||
Symbiosis Center for Media and Communication
Survey No. 231, Symbiosis Viman Nagar Campus, Viman Nagar, Pune – 411014, Maharashtra.
Contact Details: :+91 20- 26634511/12/13/14; +91 20- 26634515 (Fax)
|BA (MC)||120||Tuition Fee: Rs. 2,50,000 p.a.|
For more details visit: http://www.set-test.org
Students having completed 10+2 (or 10+3 Diploma approved by State Board of Technical Education) in any discipline from any recognised Board / Council / University with a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST) aggregate marks, or equivalent grades, are eligible to seek admission. Applicants expecting their 12th results may also apply. It is incumbent upon them to furnish proof of securing a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST) aggregate marks, or equivalent grades, at the time of the second round of admission.
Date of Release of Forms
Last Date of Submission
Date of Release of Admit Card
Date of Exam
Date of Result
|26th December 2017||Rs. 1500 as SET registration fee and Rs. 1000 as SLS Pune Payment per programme||13th April 2017||22nd April 2017||6th May 2017||19th May 2017|
Mode and Procedure of Application
The application process consists of two steps:
- Apply for SET at https://siu.ishinfo.com/SET/Register/Index.aspx and pay a non-refundable application fee of Rs 1500/-.
- Choose the first option 'General' during the 'Afternoon session' in the 'PROGRAMME/DISCIPLINE PREFERENCE' section.
- Choose the third option 'Symbiosis Centre for Media and Communication [SCMC]' in the 'INSTITUTE(S) YOU ARE APPLYING TO (GENERAL)/Select institute(s) you may apply to (General)' section.
- Select the institute and click the button "Click here to Finalize the amount to be paid" in the 'Make Payment' section.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee for Rs 1000/.
Procedure of taking Admit Card
The candidates can download the SET Test Admit Card in the 3rd week of April, available on the SET Website (www.set-test.org.)
If the admit card is lost, no duplicate admit card will be issued.
All About Exam
SET (General) is an offline test and will held on 6th May, 2017 from 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm
Duration: 150 mins.
Number of Questions
|4||Logical and Analytical Reasoning||30||30|
After the declaration of the result shall be Personal Interaction / Writing Ability Test / Studio Test / Document Verification
Centre and Dates for PI-WAT
- Delhi- 27 & 28 May 2017
- Kolkata - 30 &31 May 2017
- Pune - 3 & 4 June 2017
Prohibitions during the Exam
List of gadgets that are prohibited inside the examination hall:
- Mobile Phones
- Digital Watch
- Any Bluetooth devices
Process Before and During the Exam
The students appearing for the test have to carry their admit card along with an ORIGINAL ID Proof. The admit card and the ID will be checked before entering the examination hall.
- Candidates NOT CARRYING ORIGINAL Identity Card shall NOT BE ALLOWED inside the test center.
- COLOURED PHOTOCOPIES/DIGITAL PRINTS etc. are NOT to be considered as ORIGINAL.
Past Year Papers: (NOT AVAILABLE)
Past year papers for SET are not available on the website. If you find it anywhere else except the website then don’t consider it to be authentic.
Format of Result
The score card is available on the SET website for one month after the result is declared.