Name of the Test: DU 3 Year LL.B
Website of the Test: http://www.du.ac.in/du/
Address with Contact Number
Number of Seats
Fees (Tuition + Hostel)
|University of Delhi||
South Moti Bagh,
|http://www.du.ac.in/du/||LL.B(Bachelor of Law)||2500||Rs. 10, 846/-(approx.)*|
*Fee is subject to change.
- For General category candidates, a Graduate /Post-Graduate Degree from the University of Delhi or any other recognized Indian or Foreign University with an aggregate of 50% marks.
- For Schedule Caste (SC) /Schedule Tribe (ST) candidates, a Graduate /Post-Graduate Degree from the University of Delhi or any other recognized Indian or Foreign University.
- The OBC (Other Backward Caste) candidates shall be given a relaxation in the minimum eligibility in the qualifying examination and in the minimum eligibility in the Entrance Test to the extent of 10% of the minimum eligibility marks prescribed for the General category candidate.
- Relaxation of 5% in the minimum eligibility prescribed for General candidates shall be allowed to widows/wards of defense personnel (CW) category.
- Relaxation of up to 5% marks in the minimum eligibility criteria as prescribed for general candidates shall be allowed to candidates belonging to Physically Handicapped (PH) category on the recommendations of the Medical Board as per the procedure.
Note: The eligibility criterion is a subject to be reviewed by the University of Delhi from time to time. The notification for admission shall be relevant for the particular academic session under which the admission is sought.
For Details visit: http://ugentrance.du.ac.in/pdf/UG_bulletin_entrance_2017.pdf
Date of Release of Forms
Last Date of Submission
Date of Release of Admit Card
Date of Exam
Date of Result
|12th June 2017||Refer the table below||22nd June 2017||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
Application Fee for Admission to Undergraduate Courses (2017-2018)
For UR/OBC/CW/Minorities: Rs. 500 (Non-refundable)
For SC/ST/PwD: Rs. 250 (Non-refundable) A separate Application Fee would be charged from the applicant for each entrance test for which the application is submitted.
Payment of Application Fee:
- Application fee has to be paid during the Application Process through any one of the available online payment options.
- It may be noted that the Application Process shall be completed only after realization of the online Application fee.
- Application fee will not be refunded/adjusted in any circumstance.
Mode and Procedure of Application
All the applicants seeking admission to Undergraduate courses, where the admission is based on entrance examination are required to apply online through the web portal, details for which are given in this Bulletin.
The Undergraduate courses to which an applicant can apply through this online registration are as follows:
|Name of the Institution||Course|
|Faculty of Applied Social Sciences and Humanities||
|Cluster Innovation Centre||
|Faculty of Education||
|Faculty of Interdisciplinary & Applied Sciences||
|Music and Fine Arts||
i. The admission to the UG courses mentioned in this Bulletin includes an Entrance test followed by the allotment of applicants to various courses and colleges as per the guidelines provided for each different course.
ii. There is a common Web Portal for the centralized application of candidates and a common application form for admission to the listed Undergraduate Courses based on entrance in the University. Online application details are available on the following UG (entrance) admission portal: www.ugentrance.du.ac.in
iii. In order to apply for any one or more of the above listed courses, the applicant requires a valid email address and a valid mobile phone number. Before starting the application process, please check to ensure that your email account is working and you are able to access it.
iv. As a first time user, the applicant shall click on the button “Sign Up” under the head “New Registration”.
- In the “Login details”, an applicant shall input their email-id and password and confirm the same by typing them again.
- The email-id will be used for any future communication with the University for admission purpose. The email-id shall also serve as the applicant’s login/username on the UG entrance based admission portal.
- The password needs to be at least 8 digits in length. This password does not need to be the same as the applicant’s email account password, which is used to access one’s email account.
- The email-id and password will be required by the applicant to log into the admission portal, to fill and submit the application form, to download and print the admit card for the entrance test, to check the college and course allotted and to check the latest notices.
- The applicants shall also enter their name, date of birth, gender, nationality, as well as the different categories to which they belong. The applicants shall also declare whether they have passed Class 12 or their result is awaited.
- The applicant shall also provide a valid mobile phone number (10 digit number without any prefix).
- The details provided in the registration form cannot be changed/modified in any manner. Therefore there is a need to ensure that the details entered are perfectly correct before the form is submitted.
v. On submission of the registration form, a verification email will be sent on the applicant’s email account with a confirmation link. The applicant is required to login to their email account to check the mail and to click on the link provided in the mail to complete the registration. Please note that this email account is the one provided by the applicant in point (iv) above. This shall be called the “registered email-id”.
vi. After verification, the applicant shall login on the UG entrance based admission portal using the “registered email-id” and the “password” created earlier to fill the online application form. The same login information is used every time to login to the applicant’s account.
vii. In the Personal Details section of the application form, the applicant is required to
- enter the address
- upload a photograph and signature
- enter the choice of identity proof with its number and upload a copy of the same
- upload class 10 certificate and class 12 marksheet
upload certificates of SC/ST/OBC/PwD/CW/Minority (as applicable)
Click on the NEXT button to save the entered data and move to the Academic Details section
Passport size photograph of the applicant (size: 25 to 50 kb; width & height 50-250 pixel each) (JPG/ JPEG/ PNG)
Scanned signature of the applicant (size: 25 to 50 kb; width 30-250 px; height 30-80 px) (JPG/ JPEG/ PNG)
Self attested copy of Identity Proof of the applicant (size: 25 to 50kb) (JPG/ JPEG/ PNG).
Identity proof can be any one of the following documents:
Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN card, Voter’s identity card, Passport or identity card of the school last attended.
Self attested copy of Class 10 Certificate (size: 100kb) (JPG/ JPEG/ PNG/ PDF).
Self attested copy of Class 12 Marksheet (size: 100kb, (JPG/ JPEG/ PNG/ PDF).
Self attested copy of SC/ST/OBC/CW/PwD/Minority Certificate (size: 100kb) (JPG/ JPEG/ PNG/ PDF).
viii. In the Academic Details section of the application form, the applicant is required to
- State the name of the Board that conducted the Class 12 examination
- The Class 12 board examination roll number
- The name of the subject, the maximum marks and the marks obtained for every subject in which the candidate has appeared. Click of the NEXT button to save the entered data and move to the Course Selection section to apply to courses
ix. In the Course Selection section, the applicant is required to
- Choose a course
- Click on the button “Check Eligibility”
- Choose the entrance test centre
- Input the preference of college and/or course (for the entrance tests with multiple colleges and courses)
x. The procedure in (ix) above may be repeated for every additional entrance test.
xi. The tab named Preview, permits the display, download and printing of each separate application form before making the final payment.
xii. After providing complete information, applicant shall proceed with the fee payment by clicking ‘Make Payment’. Applicant can choose any one of the payment gateway options to make the payment.
xiii. A separate payment has to be made for each course to which the applicant wishes to apply. The application to any course shall be considered complete after the fee payment has been done successfully.
xiv. Option to edit and to correct any errors in the academic and other details provided by the applicant is available till before the submission of fee.
xv. Step-by-step guide for filling up the online application form is also available on the admission portal under “UG Admission 2017: Help link” http://ugentrance.du.ac.in/
xvi. Please note that permission to appear in the entrance examination is subject to the applicant’s fulfilling the minimum eligibility requirements prescribed for applying to the concerned programme of study. In case an applicant does not meet the minimum eligibility criteria prescribed for applying to the concerned programme and appears in University of Delhi Bulletin of Information 15 the entrance examination, it is done at the applicant’s own risk and cost, and if at any stage, it is found that the minimum eligibility requirements are not fulfilled, the admission, if granted, shall be cancelled ipso facto.
|After submission of the application form, i.e. after the payment of application fee, corrections, additions, deletions etc. in any manner shall not be allowed. The applicants are, therefore, advised to fill their forms carefully.|
Procedure of taking Admit Card and Formalities on the Admit Card
- The Admit Card for the entrance examination shall be available in the online application account three days after the last date of application.
- Please visit the UG admission portal for news and updates related with the Admit Card and on the admission procedures.
- Applicant shall take the print-out of the Admit Card. The print quality of the Admit Card should be good enough for verification.
- Admit Card shall carry the information related with Centre, Reporting time etc.
- The applicant shall carry the following documents to the Examination Centre:
i. Printed copy of the Admit Card.
ii. Identity card bearing candidate’s photograph, for verification. This can be any one of the following documents: Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN card, Voter’s identity card, Passport or College identity card, a copy of which has been uploaded with the application form.
All About Exam
It is a Computer-based Online Entrance Exam.
The entrance exam will be of two hours duration based on Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) (four choices each) designed to evaluate the aptitude of the applicants. The following areas are included in the entrance test:
- Quantitative Ability Reasoning
- Analytical Ability
- General English Business
- General Awareness
There will 100 questions. Each correct answer will get a score of plus 4 marks, each wrong answer will get a score of minus 1 mark and a question not answered will get a score of zero marks.
The entrance examination for LL.B shall consist of a question paper including objective type questions with multiple choice answers prescribed relating to English Language, Comprehension, Analytical Abilities, Legal Awareness, Aptitude and General Knowledge.
Delhi University Brochure 2017 link:
Prohibitions during the Exam
List of gadgets that are prohibited inside the examination hall:
- Mobile Phones
- Digital Watch
- Any Bluetooth devices
Process Before and During the Exam
Past Year Papers
Format of Result
- Results of the Entrance Tests shall be notified on the UG (entrance based) admission portal as well as the allotment of college and course (where applicable).
- Applicants who obtain allotment of the course-college are required to furnish the necessary documents at the time of admission in the college allotted.
- The applicant shall take the print out of the admission form and together with the list of documents/certificates, and proceed to the respective college for verification of marksheet/certificates. Refer to Section 8 below.
- The college/department will retain the certificates of approved applicants in order to avoid multiple admissions. The certificates will remain with the colleges/departments during the admission process. However, the colleges shall promptly return the documents in case student withdraws/cancels the admission, or where the student is allotted another course or college, or where a student wishes to appear in counselling of any other university/ institute.
- The college/department shall then approve the application of the student on the UG (entrance based) admission portal to enable the applicant to pay the fee.
- It may be noted that your admission in a college is completed only after realization of the fee payment on the UG admission portal within the prescribed time-limit.
- Information regarding subsequent lists of selected applicants, if any, shall be notified on the UG admission portal.
- For all the news and updates related to UG admissions, visit the UG admission portal.