For Hostel availability on campus and the fee regards boarding and lodging, please visit the individual University website.
Eligibility Criteria: (As per CLAT – 2017)
For U G Programme
Age Criteria :
- Candidate shall be below Twenty (20) Years of age as on 1st July 2017 in case of all Unreserved/NRIs/NRI Sponsored categories candidates.
- Candidates shall be below Twenty Two (22) years of age as on 1st July 2017 in case of SC/ST/ OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) category candidates.
As regards minimum percentage of marks in qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2), the candidates must have secured:
- Forty five percent (45%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved /OBC /Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories, and
- Forty Percent (40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2017 are also eligible for appearing in CLAT-2017 online examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- In case of equal marks, the breaking of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- Higher marks in the section of legal aptitude in CLAT-2017 exam.
- Higher age.
- Computerized draw of lots.
For P G Programme
The information pertaining to the LL.M. Degree Course offered at various NLUs along with the course duration and the specializations offered has been provided in detail under the respective sections of each University’s website and information brochure. The candidates are advised to check the websites of the respective Universities from time to time to keep themselves updated with any change in the course structure or other details.
Eligibility Criteria for appearing in CLAT-2017 for PG Programme:
The candidates must have Minimum percentage of marks in qualifying examination (i.e. LL.B./Five-Year Integrated LL.B. (Hons.)/ any other equivalent exam) as under:
- Fifty five percent (55%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved / OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories, and
- Fifty percent (50%) marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category
- The candidate must have passed / appeared in the final semester/final year examination of the qualifying examination on the date of his/her admission.
- In case of candidate who has appeared in the qualifying examination, he/she may submit his/her final result of qualifying examination within the time frame prescribed by the respective University / Institute. Till then such candidates may be given provisional admission.
In case of equal marks, the breaking of tie shall be by procedure and order as under:
- Higher age
- Computerized draw of lots
- No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT-2017
Date of Release of Forms
Last Date of Submission
Admit Card Release Date
Date of Exam
Date of Result
|1st January 2017||
Unreserved/SAP/OBC/ any other category: Rs. 4000
SC/ST Category: Rs. 3500
|31st March 2017||20th April 2017||14th May 2017||29th May 2017|
For more details visit: http://www.clat.ac.in/files/CLAT%20CALENDAR.pdf
For more details regarding Application Fee:
Mode and Procedure of Application (For General Category)
- Application form for CLAT-2017 shall be filled On-line only.
- The online application form has to be accessed from the CLAT-2017 website (www.clat.ac.in). The candidates are first required to register themselves at the CLAT-2017 website (www.clat.ac.in) by creating a LOGIN account using an e-mail ID. The details of the login ID and password shall be then sent to the registered e-mail ID and through SMS to the registered mobile number of the candidate.
- The application form shall be available from 01st January 2017. The candidate can fill up the required details in the application form and save the same before finally submitting it. No hard copy of the filled in online application form is to be sent to the CLAT Office.
- The candidate is advised to submit his/her application form only after he/she is required to absolutely sure of the information he/she provides in the form.
- The candidate shall fill his/ her preference order for all eighteen NLUs at the time of online application only. No change shall be allowed in the preference once the form is submitted by the candidate.
- For any information related to the eighteen NLUs, the candidate may refer to the e-brochure of the respective institutions which is be available at the CLAT-2017 website.
- The candidates must upload the self-attested scanned copies of the relevant certificates at the suitable places in the online application form.
- Candidates are advised to visit CLAT-2017 website regularly for updates.
- The application form, complete in all respects must be submitted on or before 31st March 2017 (11:59 PM). Incomplete application forms shall not be considered. The candidates shall fill and submit the application form well in time to avoid last minute hassles. CLAT Office or the organizing University shall in no case be responsible for any loss of information or inconvenience faced by the candidate.
- FOR NRI/NRI Sponsored seats, the applicants are advised to refer to the brochures of the concerned NLUs for more details. All NRI/NRI Sponsored Category candidates have to appear for the CLAT-2017 examination. However, the Foreign Nationals need not appear for the CLAT-2017 examination and they shall directly apply to the concerned universities.
Documents to be uploaded with Online Application:
The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the CLAT-2017 Information Brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University only at the time of admission. The relevant photocopies of the certificate are required to be self-attested. Photograph and signature of the candidate need not be attested while submitting the Online Application Form.
The scanned photocopies of the documents to be uploaded in the PDF/JPG / JPEG format by all the candidates are:
- Front facing passport size recent photograph with clear lenses (30 mm x 45 mm) [JPG/JPEG Format, size not more than 100 KB].
- Signature of the candidate [JPG/JPEG Format, size not more than 100 KB].
The scanned photocopies of the documents to be uploaded in the PDF format by a candidate depending on the applicability are:
- Certificate of impairment for Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and Scribe Declaration Form by the Scribe in the prescribed format.
The certificates/documents listed above are essential requirements for admission to the UG and PG courses, if applicable to any candidate.
Instructions to candidates regarding admission against NRI/NRI Sponsored/Foreign National/Other Supernumerary Seats
- Candidates seeking admission against NRI/NRI Sponsored/Foreign National/Other Supernumerary Seats are advised to visit the respective University’s website to check the policy of each participating NLU pertaining to the same.
- Candidates are further advised to visit the website of each participating NLU for information, guidelines related to and the necessary documents (in proper format) required for admission under the NRI/NRI Sponsored/Foreign National/Other Supernumerary Seats.
- No document needs to be uploaded with the online application form in relation to admissions under the NRI/NRI Sponsored/Foreign National/Other Supernumerary Seats. All relevant documents in the original shall be required to be produced at the time of admission.
Available Payment Methods:
For payment of application fee, candidates are required to login to the CLAT-2017 website. Application fee shall be paid online through net-banking or debit card or credit card. The candidates will have to bear additional bank transaction charges in case they opt for remitting fee through net-banking payment gateways.
The detailed procedure for payment of fee is also available at the CLAT-2017 website.
Procedure of taking Admit Card & formalities on admit Card for appearing in the Test
Admit Card/Hall ticket shall be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his/her LOGIN account from 20th April 2017. The candidates shall take a print out of Admit Card/Hall Ticket and carry the same to the Examination Hall. The candidates shall read the instructions on the Admit Card carefully and carry all the requisite documents to the Examination Hall.
All About Exam
Exam is conducted on the 2nd Sunday of May from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm. It’s an online test.
The test has 200 questions for 200 marks that must be attempted within a time frame of 2 hour.
The paper has five sections which are:
|English including Comprehension||40 Marks|
|General Knowledge/ Current Affairs||50 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||50 Marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 Marks|
English Including Comprehension
The English section will test the candidates’ proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, candidates will be assessed on their understanding of the passage given, its central theme and meanings of the words used therein, etc. The grammar section will focus on correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in the given sentences with appropriate words, etc.
General Knowledge and Currents Affairs
As far as general knowledge is concerned, the candidates will be assessed on their general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions on current affairs will test candidate’s knowledge on current affairs.
This section will test candidate’s knowledge on elementary mathematics, i.e. mathematics taught up to Class X.
This section will test candidate’s interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability. Questions asked may comprise of legal propositions/ principles and a set of facts to which the said proposition/ principle has to be applied to arrive at a most reasonable conclusion. Such propositions may or may not be ‘true’ in the real sense; yet the candidates will have to assume that the given propositions are true and answer the questions accordingly. An example of such legal proposition may be that any person who speaks in a movie hall and disturbs others who are watching the movie will be banned from entering any movie theatre across India for one year.
The purpose of the logical reasoning section is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It will include a wide variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested.
Prohibitions During the Exam
List of gadgets that are prohibited inside the examination hall:
- Mobile Phone
- Digital watch
- Any Bluetooth devices
Process before and during the Exam
The students appearing for the test have to carry their admit card along with an ORIGINAL ID Proof. The admit card and the ID will be checked before entering the examination hall.
- Candidates NOT CARRYING ORIGINAL Identity Card shall NOT BE ALLOWED inside the test center.
- COLOURED PHOTOCOPIES/DIGITAL PRINTS etc. are NOT to be considered as ORIGINAL.
Past year Papers: (AVAILABLE)
Past year papers of CLAT are available on the CLAT website. The cost of previous years question papers is Rs. 400/ (not included in the CLAT-2017 fee of Rs. 4,000/-)
Format of Result
The results are available online on the CLAT website in PDF format. To check the CLAT result, the student first needs to visit the website and then enter the Registered Email ID and the Password provided by CLAT.
- 00 CLAT 2016 E-Brochure
- 01 NLSIU-Bangalore Brochure 2016
- 02 NALSAR-Hydrabad Brochure 2016
- 03 NLIU-Bhopal Brochure 2016
- 04 WBNUJS-Kolkata Brochure 2016
- 05 NLUJ-Jodhpur Brochure 2016
- 06 HNLU-Raipur Brochure 2016
- 07 GNLU-Gandhinagar Brochure
- 08 RMLNLU-Lucknow Brochure 2016
- 09 RGNUL-Patiala Brochure 2016
- 10 CNLU-Patna Brochure 2016
- 11 NUALS-Kochi Brochure 2016
- 12 NLUO-Orissa Brochure 2016
- 13 NUSRL-Ranchi Brochure 2016
- 14 NLUJAA-Assam Brochure 2016
- 15 DSNLU-Vishakhapatnam Brochure 2016
- 16 TNNLS-Tiruchirapalli Brochure 2016
- 17 MNLU-Mumbai Brochure 2016
- 18 MNLU-Nagpur Brochure 2016
- Breakup of Seats CLAT 2016
- NRI CERTIFICATE CLAT 2016
- NRI SPONSORSHIP CERTIFICATE CLAT 2016
- Tentative list of CLAT exam cities 2016
- CLAT 2016 Merit List 1
- CLAT 2016 Merit List 2
- CLAT 4th Indicative Seat Allotment List 2016
- NRI Sponsored Candidates 2016
- WBNUJS-NRI Sponsored 2016