Name of the Test: Common Entrance Test (CET)
Website of the Test: www.ipu.ac.in
Address with Contact Number
CET Codes for the Courses
Number of Seats
Fees (Tuition + Hostel)
|University School of Law & Legal Studies||
Guru Gobind Indraprastha University, Sector – 16C Dwarka, Delhi – 110078, India
Contact No.: +91 11 25302170
|www.ipu.ac.in||B.A./B.B.A. LL.B (Hons)||121||B.A. LL.B.: 40||Not Available|
Pass in 12th class of 10+2 of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate* and must also have passed English (core or elective or functional) as a subject.
For B.A. /B.B.A. LL.B.:
Date of Release of Forms
Last Date of Submission
Date of Release of Admit Card
Date of Exam
Date of Result
|First Week of January||Rs. 1000 + Transaction Charges||28th March 2017||7 days before the exam date||16th April 2017||2nd May 2017|
Mode and Procedure of Application
The application form for the entrance test is available online on the university website. The website is www.ipu.ac.in OR https://www.digialm.com//EForms/configuredHtml/850/3607/application.html
- The candidate has to enter his/her name as specified in the 10th standard mark sheet. Specifying the mother’s name in the next step is compulsory. Date of birth of the candidate along with the category he/she falls into has to be entered.
The candidate needs to select a Region. The following is the explanation to it:
The candidate has to select the option titled “Delhi Region” if he/she has passed the qualifying examination from any school/college located in Delhi or from any institution affiliated to GGSIP University.
Select the option titled “Outside Delhi” if the candidate has passed the qualifying examination from any school/college located in any other part of the country (India) excluding the institutions affiliated to GGSIP University. Incorrectness in Region may lead to cancellation of admission on verification of documents.
- Proceeding ahead the candidate needs to fill in the details of the Qualifying Examination. If the candidate has already cleared the 10 + 2 examination or any other qualifying examination which makes the applicant eligible for the entrance test, then the option titled “PASSED” has to be chosen.
If the candidate is still appearing for the Examination then the option titled “APPEARING” needs to be selected. This case also covers the candidates who have “APPEARED” the qualifying examination.
- Proper Mailing Address needs to be entered by the applicant. It should be completely in CAPITAL letters including the proper PIN CODE. Also mobile numbers with correct STD CODES and E – Mail Address needs to be mentioned at which further communications can occur.
The candidate is expected to upload his/her recent colored photograph with white background according to the specified size.
The applicant is also expected to upload a scanned signature as per the mentioned size along with scanned left thumb impression.
- Preferences for the test centers should be indicated in the form at this stage.
- The final step includes verifying all the details entered in the form and then submitting it.
Procedure of taking Admit Card
The Admit Cards can be downloaded by using candidates log-in ID and password, online.
All About Exam
Duration: 2 hrs 30 mins. (2:00 pm to 4:30 pm)
The exam is for two and a half hours. Depending on the course the applicant intends to do, the course for the exam changes. Here, is a detailed view of the sections and the topics covered under each one.
The exam consists of four sections. In 2016, it was held on 17th April, Sunday from 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm.
1. English Language and Comprehension (25%)
- Use of prepositions, articles, etc.
- Sentence Construction
2. General Knowledge (25%)
- National Culture and History
- Geography and Natural Resources
- Science and Technology
- International Affairs
- Current National Events
3. Reasoning (25%)
4. Legal Aptitude (25%)
- General Legal Awareness
- Understanding and Application of Legal Principles
Prohibitions and Provisions during the Exam
List of gadgets that are prohibited inside the examination hall:
- Cell Phone
- Textual material
- Printed or written bits of paper
List of materials that are allowed in the examination hall:
- Admit card
- Black ball point pen
Process Before and During the Exam
The students appearing for the test have to carry their admit card along with an ORIGINAL ID Proof. The admit card and the ID will be checked before entering the examination hall.
- Candidates NOT CARRYING ORIGINAL Identity Card shall NOT BE ALLOWED inside the test center.
- COLOURED PHOTOCOPIES/DIGITAL PRINTS etc. are NOT to be considered as ORIGINAL.
Past Year Papers: (NOT AVAILABLE)
Past year papers for the entrance test aren’t available on the institute website. If a candidate finds it anywhere except for the institute’s website, then don’t consider it to be authentic.
Format of Result
The result will be available on a portal where the candidate will be required to enter the CET Roll Number and the programme the supplicant has opted for. Once clicked on the submit button, the result will be shown.