Address with Contact Number
Number of Seats
|Army Institute of Law||
Army Institute of Law
Sector 68, Mohali
Pin 160062, Punjab (India)
|www.armyinstituteoflaw.org||B.A. LL.B. (5 Year Course)||80*||
B.A. LL.B. (Army): Rs. 1,97,319*
B.A. LL.B. (Civil): Rs. 2,33,255*
Distribution of Seats
|Wards of Army Personnel||60|
|Punjab Resident Civil Category||16|
|All India Civil Category||04|
*For detailed fee structure, visit: http://ail.ac.in/let2017/prospectus2017-18.pdf
A candidate who has passed 10+2 examination from Punjab School Education Board or any other equivalent examination recognized as such by the Punjabi University, Patiala, securing at least 45% marks vide Punjabi University Letter No.216468/Meeting-4 dated 7 May 2004. The applicants who have obtained 10+2 through Open University systems directly, without having any basic qualifications for pursuing such studies, are not eligible for admission in Law Courses.
- The applicants appearing for the qualifying examination in March/April 2017 are allowed to take the Entrance Test - 2017 provisionally, subject to the condition that their candidature shall stand cancelled in case they do not pass the 10 + 2 March / April Exams 2017 with the required percentage of marks.
- Candidates passing the compartment papers of qualifying exam of 10 + 2 subsequently shall not be eligible for admission even if a seat is available.
- In case an applicant has passed a qualifying examination from Board/University whose degree has not been notified as equivalent to the Punjabi University, Patiala, he/she will have to produce the eligibility certificate from Punjabi University, Patiala at the time of interview, failing which his / her candidature shall not be considered.
- Candidates whose declaration of results is delayed should apply well in time to the concerned Board of examination to forward a confidential result directly to Principal, Army Institute of Law, Mohali, Punjab. The responsibility to ensure its timely dispatch will be that of the candidate. Delayed receipt of result shall render the candidate ineligible for admission.
- As per Punjabi University, Patiala letter No. 5262 dated June 19, 2000, the students passing the qualifying exam of Bihar Education Board are not eligible to seek admission.
Date of Release of Forms
Last Date of Submission
Date of Release of Admit Card
Date of Exam
Date of Result
|30 May 2017||Rs. 3000
Rs. 3000+1000 (Late fee)
|19 June 2017
23 June 2017
|Not Available||2 July 2017||12 July 2017|
Mode and Procedure of Application
No offline Application will be accepted.
- Go to AIL website www.ail.ac.in
- Click on the link Admission 2017-18. Now, Online Registration Step-I will appear.
- Fill the basic information of the candidate (i.e. Category, Name of the Candidate, Date of Birth, Password, Father's Name, E-Mail ID & Mobile No, etc.).
- The Registration No. & Password will be automatically forwarded to the e-mail ID provided by the candidate. The same is required before filling online form Step II
Instructions for payment of Registration fee.
a) State Bank Collect
- Click on link: State Bank Collect
- Accept the terms and click on 'proceed'.
- Select Payment Category AIL LET-2017
- Choose category and fill the details thoroughly: Please choose correct category for the payment i.e. ARMY / ALL INDIA CAT
- Select the payment option for the payment of Fees of Rs. 3000/- through internet banking, debit/credit card.
- Take the print out for your record
- Late Fee:Rs 4000/-( Rs 3000/- plus Rs. 1000/- late fee)
b) IndusInd Bank
- Click Link Click Here to Pay Using INDUSIND BANK on Fee Pament Tab.
- Preview Your detail.
- Click on Pay Now Button.
- You will redirect to payment gateway website.
- Choose Payment Mode (Credit Card, Debit Card, Internent Banking).
- After payment you will redirect back to AIL LET 2017 Website with payment status.
STEP–III (COMMON FOR BOTH BANKS)
Again go to AIL website www.ail.ac.in and click on the link Admission 2017-18.
- AIL REGISTRATION NUMBER (generated after filling Form Step I)
- PASSWORD (which you enter in Step I of admission form)
(Before applying online, scanned/soft copy of the passport size photograph (size less than 120kb), signature (size less than 100kb), 10th dmc (size less than 1.5 mb) & army category certificate (in case army category student) (size less than 1.5 mb) should be ready for filling the online form Step – III)
Note: Being allowed to deposit fees does not entitle any candidate for admission. Admission will be subject to fulfillment of other conditions also
Your application form will not be considered complete till you see the following message on your screen "YOUR FORM HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY SUBMITTED".
Procedure of taking Admit Card and Formalities on the Admit Card
Admit Card will be available online.
All About Exam
Exam will be conducted on 2 July 2017 (1100hrs to 1300hrs). It is a paper based test i.e. an offline test.
The Entrance Test will consist of a paper with 4 sections of two hours duration in a single sitting to be conducted as under:
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|2||General Knowledge & Current Affairs||50||50|
- The paper shall have objective type questions of a standard expected of 10+2 students.
- There shall be No Negative Marking.
- In the Entrance Test, answers shall be marked in the attached OMR response sheet.
- The medium of Entrance Test is English.
- In case, candidates secure identical marks in the final list, the candidate with higher marks in the qualifying examination will be preferred. In case of parity at this stage also, the candidate older in age shall be given preference.
The following will be the Centers for the Entrance Test:-
* The Conducting HQ reserves the right of not holding examination at a centre where the strength of examinees opting for the centre is less than 15.
(a) Three options in the order of preference for Entrance test centre are to be filled in the application cum admission form.
(b) Test centre once opted shall not be changed.
Prohibitions during the Exam
List of gadgets that are prohibited inside the examination hall:
- Mobile Phones
- Digital Watch
- Any Bluetooth devices
Process Before and During the Exam
Past Year Papers
Format of Result