Name of the Test: Systematic Training and Education Programme (STEP)
Website of the Test: www.oberoigroup.com/careers/join_us/step.htm
E – Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address with Contact Number
Number of Seats
Fees (Tuition + Hostel)
|The Oberoi Group||
Mumbai - 400 021
Contact No.: +91 22 6632 5757
|www.oberoigroup.com||Kitchen operations programme
Hotel operations programme
|Not Available||Not Available|
- The candidate should be above 18 years and below 20 years of age, as on 15th August of the year of the commencement of the programme.
- The candidate should have attained a clear pass in class XII as on 1st July of the year of the commencement of the programme, from a board recognized by the Indira Gandhi National Open University, India.
For Hotel Operations Programme (Front Office / Food and Beverage Service focus) and Kitchen Operations Programme
- The candidate should have obtained 61% marks or above, in English in class X. The equivalent in CBSE is a B2 Grade or a 7 Grade Point.
For Hotel Operations Programme (Housekeeping focus)
- The candidate should have obtained 51% marks or above, in English in class X. The equivalent in CBSE is a C1 Grade or a 6 Grade Point.
Date of Release of Forms
Last Date of Submission
Date of Exam
Date of Result
|February||No Application Fees||March||April – May is the selection Process||June end|
Mode and Procedure of Application
STEP 1 – Fill the application form
- An on-line application form is available every year by February which the candidate has to fill and submit on-line.
- It is recommended that the candidate understands the details of the Programmes being offered before filling this form.
STEP 2 – Select the venue and date for the selection process
- During form filling, options to select the city, date and time for the selection process will be available by February.
STEP 3 – Print and submit the form
- Please take a printout of the completed application form. Bring this application form along with one passport size photograph on the date of your selection process.
All About Exam
- Come to the venue of the selection process on the date chosen.
- Arrive on time. The candidate will not be admitted once the process starts.
On the day of the interview, the candidate must bring the following documents with him/her:
Self attested copies of the following:
i. One print-out of their application form along with one passport-size photograph.
ii. One copy of their class X certificate. If the candidate's certificate does not mention their date of birth, one copy of their birth certificate will be required.
iii. One copy of their class XII certificate.
- The candidate should be deemed medically fit by our company doctor.
- All the testimonials should be verified as authentic.
- A typical selection day will commence with candidates registering for one of the Programmes.
- Thereafter, the candidates would go through three rounds of selection activities:
Round 1: Candidates are divided into groups of 15-20 participants and are taken through a round of activities and questionnaires. Here, the evaluator checks the candidates grooming, poise and spoken English.
Round 2: Short-listed candidates from Round 1 are taken to another round of activities on the same day including a one-on-one meeting with a panel comprising of faculty. Here, the evaluator gets to know them better and checks their aptitude for hospitality.
Round 3: Short-listed candidates from Round 2 will be invited for another round of activities and questionnaires including a final interview with a panel. This may be on a different day and city than the above two rounds.
Process Before and During the Exam
The students appearing for the test have to carry their admit card along with an ORIGINAL ID Proof. The admit card and the ID will be checked before entering the examination hall.
- Candidates NOT CARRYING ORIGINAL Identity Card shall NOT BE ALLOWED inside the test center.
- COLOURED PHOTOCOPIES/DIGITAL PRINTS etc. are NOT to be considered as ORIGINAL.
Format of Result
Results of the test are sent by E – Mail or post. Letter of offer is expected to be sent by the end of June.