Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
Name of the Test: Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
Website of the Test: www.set-test.org
Fees (Tuition + Hostel)
|Symbiosis School of Culinary Arts (SSCA, Pune)||
Constituent of Symbiosis International University (SIU),
3rd Floor SIT Bldg, Hill Base Campus,
Symbiosis Knowledge Village,
Gram- Lavale, Taluka- Mulshi, Dist- Pune 412115
Ph. No.: (Indian Students) : 020-39116330/ 31
(International Students) : 020-25671905
|www.ssla.edu.in||B.Sc. (Culinary Arts)||Not Available||
Academic Fee: 3,50,000 p.a
Institute Deposit (Refundable): Rs. 20,000
For more details visit: http://www.set-test.org
1. Passed 10 + 2 examinations with at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category)
2. Good scores/ranks in any one of the following entrance exams. Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) or National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT)-JEE.
3. IB students are exempt from appearing for Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) in May. They will however appear for a similar test on the day of their Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test (PI-WAT) at SSCA.
International Students: (NRI/PIO/Foreign Nationals)
1. Passed 10 + 2 examinations. Do not have to appear for entrance exam (SET/JEE) in India. International Student’s eligibility as per SCEI norms. Please follow the link – http://scie.ac.in
IB / Cambridge Board (IGC SE) Students:
Following eligibility rules will be followed for according equivalent to school level certificate IB/ Cambridge board Student.
The candidate must have been awarded full IB Diploma as a qualification for the entry level. The professional course at the institute and is required to have passed the subjects with minimum score of 24 credits and completion of other mandatory requirements for award of IB Diploma. DP Course Certificate by IB shall not be qualifying for equivalence.
A candidate intending to join professional course at the institute must have passed a minimum of 5 subjects including English at minimum of ordinary level (O level) in A, B or C grade. The conversions of IB and IGCSE Examination grades to the score that are suggested on the AIU (Association of Indian Universities) web portal.
Date of Release of Forms
Last Date of Submission
Date of Release of Admit Card
Date of Exam
Date of Result
|26th December 2017||Rs. 1500 as SET registration fee and Rs. 1000 as SLS Pune Payment per programme||13th April 2017||22nd April 2017||6th May 2017||19th May 2017|
Mode and Procedure of Application
For Cambridge, HSC, ISC, CBSE, NIOS, Respective State Boards Curriculum Students:
- For Students graduating 12th from India (Cambridge, HSC, ISC, CBSE, and Respective State Boards) the applicant is required to undergo the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET).
- The SET exam is mandatory to qualify for next stage in admission to SSCA. Please log into http://www.set-test.org/ for registration. You have to pay Rs.1500/- as SET registration fee.
- If you have appeared for National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT)-JEE 2017 and have secured ranking then you are exempt from appearing for SET. Your JEE rank will be considered for next stage in admission to SSCA.
- The applicant must fill out 'NCHMCT-JEE Rank holder students SSCA online application form'. This includes payment of Rs. 1000/- SSCA application fee. NCHMCT-JEE Rank holder students SSCA application deadline: 14th May, 2017.
For International Baccalaureate (IB) Students:
- IB students are exempt from appearing for SET in May. They will however appear for a similar test on the day of their PIWAT at SSCA.
- The applicant must fill out the 'IB students SSCA online application form'. This includes payment of Rs.1500/- SIU Test Fee and Rs. 1000/- SSLA application fee. SSLA application deadline: 14th May, 2017.
- All IB students will be called for the Personal Interaction & Writing Ability Test (PI-WAT) since they do not appear for SET. However, to make up for the SET, they will have to sit for a test on the day of the PI-WAT. This extra test for IB students will test applicants on roughly the same parameters as the SET, i.e. basic mathematics, analytical thinking and English language. This test will be in addition to the personal interaction & writing ability test.
Procedure of taking Admit Card
The candidates can download the SET Test Admit Card in the 3rd week of April, available on the SET Website (www.set-test.org.)
If the admit card is lost, no duplicate admit card will be issued.
All About Exam
SET (General) is an offline test and will held on 6th May, 2017 from 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm
Duration: 150 mins.
Number of Questions
|4||Logical and Analytical Reasoning||30||30|
Centre and Dates for PI-WAT
- Delhi- 27 & 28 May 2017
- Kolkata - 30 &31 May 2017
- Pune - 3 & 4 June 2017
Prohibitions during the Exam
List of gadgets that are prohibited inside the examination hall:
- Mobile Phones
- Digital Watch
- Any Bluetooth devices
Process Before and During the Exam
The students appearing for the test have to carry their admit card along with an ORIGINAL ID Proof. The admit card and the ID will be checked before entering the examination hall.
- Candidates NOT CARRYING ORIGINAL Identity Card shall NOT BE ALLOWED inside the test center.
- COLOURED PHOTOCOPIES/DIGITAL PRINTS etc. are NOT to be considered as ORIGINAL.
Past Year Papers: (NOT AVAILABLE)
Past year papers for SET are not available on the website. If you find it anywhere else except the website then don’t consider it to be authentic.
Format of Result
The score card is available on the SET website for one month after the result is declared.