CAT 2017 Notification & Registration Process
Common Admission Test (CAT) is one of the most competitive examination for getting admission in elite B-Schools in India. It is a computer based test held annually and attracts graduates from all streams.
CAT Important Dates
|Notification release date||July 31, 2017|
|Registration commencement||August 9, 2017|
|Last date for Online Registration||September 20, 2017|
|Issue of Admit Card||October 18, 2017|
|CAT 2017 Exam date||November 26, 2017|
|Result Announcement||2nd week of January|
CAT 2017 Pattern
- Officially, there is no change in the test pattern from CAT 2015.
- 3 Sections - Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Quantitative Ability (QA).
- Total number of questions - 100 in 180 minutes.
- 1 hour limit for each section.
- No negative marking for Non-MCQs.
- No provision of shifting between the sections.
- Online calculator to be a part of the exam again.
CAT Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 50% marks from recognized University/ Institutions.
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons witd Disability (PWD) categories must have at least 45% marks.
CAT Application Process
- Register yourself on the website, www.iimcat.ac.in to create your user profile.
- On successful registration, a unique CAT 2016 user ID and Password will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Using this ID, login and fill the CAT application form. The details have to be filled in 5 sections of the form. In the last section of the form, payment is done. You can pay using Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card.
- Also, upload your photograph, signature and other necessary documents as per the given specifications.
- You can give up to 4 cities as your preferred test centre. However, the exam center will be assigned once the registration process ends.